Important COVID-19 Update
From Monday 20th December 2021, Birtinya Medical Centre will be putting in place the following additional measures for the safety of our staff, doctors and patients. Please ensure you have read the below prior to an appointment at the Practice.
- Any patients and visitors to the Practice, over the age of 12, will be required to wear a mask upon entering the Practice. Please bring your own mask with you.
- Please limit the number of people attending your appointment with you to those necessary. This is to reduce the number of people in our Practice, where social distancing is difficult.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sinus complaints, loss of taste or smell) you will be required to have a COVID-19 test and receive a negative result before having a face-to-face consultation. While you are awaiting your result you will have the option of a telephone or video consultation. If you arrive at the Practice with symptoms and have not had a negative COVID-19 test in the preceding 72 hours, you will be asked to leave and arrange a telephone or video consultation. Patients who have symptoms and have had a negative test, as outlined above, will have the option of being seen face-to-face in a dedicated consultation room, where the appropriate PPE and risk minimisation measures can be implemented.
- If you are caring for a child who has cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms please phone the Practice and your child will be triaged accordingly (Ph: 5306 1201).
- If you have been identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or are currently in Qld Health directed quarantine or isolation you must abide by the current public health orders. You cannot attend the Practice face-to-face. Please book a telephone or video appointment or phone reception for further advice.
- You will be required to check in on arrival using the Check in Qld app.
Birtinya Medical Centre will endeavour to continue providing both face-to-face and telehealth appointments throughout this pandemic. We ask for your continued cooperation, patience and support.
Please call either –
COVID 19 Hotline on 1800 020 080
Or Health Direct Hotline 1800 022 222
Or phone the practice on : 53061201
For more information and regular Coronavirus Information (COVID19) updates:
Call the National Coronavirus Helpline Ph: 1800202080
Helpful links for more information: